Light No-Bake Passion Fruit Cheesecake
List of ingredients (6 people):
For the cheesecake:
• 500 g cottage cheese
• 3 sheets of gelatin
• 60 g of sugar
• 2 organic lemons
• 200 g of shortbread biscuits of your choice
• 50 g of melted butter or coconut oil
For the passion fruit jelly:
• 2 big passion fruits
• 40 g of sugar
• 1 sheet of gelatin
Preparing the cheesecake:
- Provide a mold of 18 cm in diameter.
- Blend the shortbread biscuits
- When they form a powder, add melted butter or coconut oil. Mix again.
- In a mould, line the bottom with the mixed shortbread then place in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, vigorously mix the cottage cheese with the sugar.
- Soak the 3 sheets of gelatin in cold water for 5 minutes to soften them.
- Meanwhile, heat the juice of the 2 lemons and the zest in a saucepan.
- Off the heat, add the drained gelatine leaves and mix well.
- Incorporate the lemon preparation into the cottage cheese and sugar mixture.
- Pour the preparation into the mould.
- Place in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
When the cheesecake is cold, you can prepare the jelly:
- Soften a sheet of gelatin in a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
- Empty the 2 passion fruits with a small spoon and place in a saucepan.
- Add the sugar and 2 tablespoons of water and bring to a simmer.
- Off the heat, add the gelatin sheet.
- Mix vigorously.
- Leave the jelly to cool for a few minutes and pour it over the cheesecake.
- Smooth the jelly and sprinkle with unsalted pistachios.
A no-bake cottage cheesecake, full of protein and smooth. Gelatin is used here to give a firmer texture to cottage cheese, without increasing the calories by adding cream or mascarpone as in some recipes. Passion fruit, antioxidant and rich in vitamin C, brings a unique tangy flavor to this light cheesecake.
Cécile Valton, a qualified dietician, offers private consultations at the Centre Paramédical de Schouweiler.
Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician, said: “Let your food be your primary medicine”. A healthy, balanced and tasty diet is one of the essential pillars for good physical and mental health!
Passionate about my work, I am committed to accompanying my patients in a caring and educational way. Each person is unique and each story different: together, let’s set health objectives in line with your desires, your ethics, your body and your lifestyle.