Veggie Caesar Salad
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Ingredients for 2 servings:
For the dressing:
- 50g cashew nuts
- 60ml water
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 squeeze of lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
For the salad:
- 2 eggs
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 160g veggie “chicken”
- 150g lettuce
- 50g croutons
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmesan
- Place the cashew nuts in a bowl and pour boiling water over them. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the eggs in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Wash the tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Fry the veggie chicken in a pan with olive oil.
- Drain cashew nuts and blend with 60ml cold water, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a blender until you get a smooth texture.
- Remove the eggs from the water, peel and quarter them.
- Arrange the lettuce in a bowl with the tomatoes, eggs, veggie chicken, parmesan cheese and croutons and pour the dressing over the salad.
After my studies in dietetics, I specialised in nutrition for athletes. I work in Sportslycée and also accompany athletes from LIHPS. In addition, I have specialised in intuitive nutrition, which helps me to guide people back to a natural and relaxed eating behaviour. My passion is cooking and developing new recipes, which I love to share with others. My motto in the kitchen is: “Healthy, Fast and Simple”.