Seitan strips with mushrooms and wholemeal rice
Ingredients for 2 persons:
- 200 g seitan
- 500 g mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 125 g wholemeal rice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 200 ml oat cream
- Cut the seitan into strips.
- Wash and slice the mushrooms.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Peel and press the garlic.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and fry the onion, garlic and seitan for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and fry for another 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- Add the tomato paste to the cutlets and deglaze with oat cream.
- Simmer for about 5-10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the wholemeal rice with the Seiten and garnish with parsley.
After my studies in dietetics, I specialised in nutrition for athletes. I work in Sportslycée and also accompany athletes from LIHPS. In addition, I have specialised in intuitive nutrition, which helps me to guide people back to a natural and relaxed eating behaviour. My passion is cooking and developing new recipes, which I love to share with others. My motto in the kitchen is: “Healthy, Fast and Simple”.