Pumpkin and sweet potato soup
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1 Hokkaido pumpkin
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 apple
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1.2-1.5 litres vegetable stock (depending on how liquid you like your soup)
- Optional: parsley, pumpkin seeds
- Wash the pumpkin, cut in half and remove the seeds with a spoon.
- Cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Peel the sweet potato and cut into small pieces.
- Peel the apple, remove the centre and cut into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and sauté the pumpkin, sweet potato, onion and apple for about 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat water for the vegetable stock.
- Deglaze the vegetables with balsamic vinegar, add the vegetable stock and simmer for about 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Then puree the vegetables well with a hand blender or in a stand mixer.
- If the soup is too thick, you can add a little more water.
- Season the soup with pepper and garnish with parsley and pumpkin seeds.
The Hokkaido pumpkin does not need to be peeled, the skin can be eaten as well.
If your vegetable broth contains salt, you do not need to add salt.
After my studies in dietetics, I specialised in nutrition for athletes. I work in Sportslycée and also accompany athletes from LIHPS. In addition, I have specialised in intuitive nutrition, which helps me to guide people back to a natural and relaxed eating behaviour. My passion is cooking and developing new recipes, which I love to share with others. My motto in the kitchen is: “Healthy, Fast and Simple”.