Creamy parsnip soup with puff pastry stars
Preparation Time 45 minutes
For 4-6 servings:
For the soup:
- 500g parsnips
- 250g potatoes
- 1 apple
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 liter of vegetable broth
- 100g light sour cream
- pepper, nutmeg
For the puff pastry stars:
- 1 puff pastry
- 20g grated parmesan
- 1 egg
- Peel the parsnips, cut off the ends and cut into small pieces.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into small pieces.
- Peel the apple, remove the core and cut into small pieces.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and fry the onion for about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining vegetables and apple and fry for another 3 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the puff pastry stars.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Roll out the puff pastry
- Cut out stars and place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Sprinkle half of the stars with parmesan and top with another puff pastry star.
- Apply a thin layer of egg to the top of each pastry star and place in the oven for about 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, puree the soup, season with pepper and nutmeg and mix in sour cream.
- Serve the soup with the puff pastry stars.
After my studies in dietetics, I specialised in nutrition for athletes. I work in Sportslycée and also accompany athletes from LIHPS. In addition, I have specialised in intuitive nutrition, which helps me to guide people back to a natural and relaxed eating behaviour. My passion is cooking and developing new recipes, which I love to share with others. My motto in the kitchen is: “Healthy, Fast and Simple”.