Daal of red lentils with chicken and curry
List of ingredients for 4 servings:
- 100 g coral lentils
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch of coriander
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 free-range chicken breasts
- 1 natural yoghurt or 150 g of natural Skyr
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 400 g tinned crushed tomatoes
- 20 cl of coconut milk
- Olive oil
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2.5 cm cubes.
- Mix the yogurt or skyr with 1 tablespoon of curry and the juice of half a lemon. Add salt and pepper.
- Coat the chicken pieces and leave to marinate for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the cauliflower into small florets, peel and chop the onions and garlic cloves.
- Heat a sauté pan with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Sauté the onions, garlic and cauliflower for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils, a tablespoon of curry, the tomatoes and 20 cl of water.
- Mix and cook for 20 minutes, until the lentils and cauliflower are cooked.
- In a skillet, brown the chicken cubes for 5 minutes on each side.
- Slice the bunch of coriander, add 2/3 of them to the dish with the diced chicken and the coconut milk.
- Simmer another 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the remaining coriander.
Daal is an Indian dish. Simple to make and comforting in winter, this recipe is a complete dish, rich in protein, fiber and Vitamin C. For a vegetarian version, put 300 g of coral lentils and accompany the Dahl with rice.
Cécile Valton, a qualified dietician, offers private consultations at the Centre Paramédical de Schouweiler.
Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician, said: “Let your food be your primary medicine”. A healthy, balanced and tasty diet is one of the essential pillars for good physical and mental health!
Passionate about my work, I am committed to accompanying my patients in a caring and educational way. Each person is unique and each story different: together, let’s set health objectives in line with your desires, your ethics, your body and your lifestyle.