Cauliflower and spring onion patties
List of ingredients for 4 services:
- 1 cauliflower
- 60 g of flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tablespoons of spring onions
- Olive oil
For the yogurt sauce:
- 200g plain skyr
- 1 tablespoon of spring onions
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- For the yoghurt sauce: Wash and chop the spring onion and mix with the skyr and olive oil. Then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Clean the cauliflower by removing the outer leaves and the tough part of the stalk.
- Wash the rest, cut the cauliflower into pieces.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Immerse the cauliflower pieces and cook for 10 minutes.
- Wash the onions and cut them finely.
- Once cooked, cut the cauliflower into smaller pieces.
- Put them in a bowl and mash them with a fork.
- Add the beaten eggs, salt and pepper generously, add the onions, minced garlic and flour.
- Mix all the ingredients with a fork to combine them well.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
- Drop spoonfuls of the batter into the hot oil, flatten slightly and cook the patties for about 5 minutes, turning them, until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve piping hot with the skyr sauce.
Treat yourself with these delicious cauliflower patties! Low in calories, with a good fiber content for good regulation of intestinal transit, cauliflower is well supplied with vitamin C. To get the maximum benefit, eat it raw in a salad or lightly cooked.
Cécile Valton, a qualified dietician, offers private consultations at the Centre Paramédical de Schouweiler.
Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician, said: “Let your food be your primary medicine”. A healthy, balanced and tasty diet is one of the essential pillars for good physical and mental health!
Passionate about my work, I am committed to accompanying my patients in a caring and educational way. Each person is unique and each story different: together, let’s set health objectives in line with your desires, your ethics, your body and your lifestyle.